All Top Personal Journal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Wednesday 20 October 2010

A Day In The Life....


What do you write about when you don't really have any topics to discuss? I need to write something to keep a working daily blog valid after all. I was sent another CD to review but as it was some drum and bass racket I politely declined rather than ripping it to shreds verbally (after all who am I to judge the work of a drum and bass artist especially when I own zero Cd's in that genre and couldn't compare shit from gold)

The record currently on my player is "A Wizard, A True Star" by Todd Rundgren and the book in my line of sight this week is a biography of Charles Bukowski (poet and writer from the beat generation)a typical insight into the mind and life of another of the "suffer for your art" kinda guys, this has always been something I was never sure of. I like a warm bed and a hot bath before I go into the studio to record anything, the idea of having to stay up and destroy a million brain cells before I'm "ready" seems a bit too much of an effort. Either that or I've seen the abyss from the sidelines and never really fancied jumping in feet first. I'm all for being able to pull a riff out of the bag like Keith Richards but do I really want his morning wheezing cough? On the other hand I definitely could do without sliding into the Eric Clapton picture of health safe as milk play by numbers ball ache he calls music these days. Better to paddle your own canoe I guess, just be aware where the rocks and waterfalls are.

Load your spotify's and dig out the following nuggets....


1)Down Boy - Yeah,Yeah Yeahs

2)Since I Lost My Baby - The Temptations

3)Let Your Shoulder Fall - Matthew Jay

4)Life's A Gas - T-Rex

5)She Smiled Sweetly - The Rolling Stones

No comments:

Post a Comment